Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy and/or medications but found it ineffective?
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
If this sounds like you, I can help.
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Medications can ease the burden of anxiety so that you can learn to be aware of your triggers, cope with symptoms, and build alternative perspective around your worries.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.